Pyohex Shampoo 250ml
Pyohex shampoo and conditioner are for the treatment of bacterial (Staphylococcal) skin infections in dogs. Bacterial skin infections on dogs can have a wide variety of symptoms or appearances and causes.
Common appearances of bacterial infections:
- Circular rings of scale or redness (as larger pimples pop and leave “rings” of skin damage)
- Moist areas of skin commonly referred to as hotspots
Reasons for bacterial skin infections:
Sometimes there is just bad luck involved, although the majority of cases of skin infections in dogs can be tracked to underlying conditions which allow the low numbers of normal bacterial residents to overgrow and cause disease.
Underlying causes for bacterial infections:
- Allergy, pollen, grass, food (meats), fleas
- Hormonal problems (including Cushing’s disease and thyroid problems)
- Parasitic infestations such as demodex mites or Scabies.
Pyohex shampoo and conditioner have the great benefit over creams and lotions in that they can be applied all over, regardless of the amount of fur coverage.
- The shampoo should be applied to a wet coat and lathered up.
- Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Distract the dog from licking during this period. Ingestion of foam can upset their stomach.
- After rinsing allow the dog to shake excess water from its coat and then rub the conditioner through the coat whilst still damp. This can be achieved by applying a small amount to your hands, lightly rubbing your hands together and then dabbing your hands over your dog’s coat. After the conditioner is roughly distributed give your dog a good rub to evenly distribute it throughout the coat.
How often should I use Pyohex Medicated Shampoo & Conditioner?
During periods of active infection the shampoo and conditioner should be used twice per week. Once the infection has resolved, bathing once per week or fortnight is often enough to prevent recurrences. The time of year may influence the frequency of bathing – during spring and summer, dogs who suffer bad allergies may find they require more frequent bathing then they do in winter when their allergies are not as active.
Active ingredient: 30g/L Chlorhexidine gluconate
- Ensure your dog is thoroughly wet before applying Pyohex Medicated Shampoo as this will make lathering and spreading it easier
- Use a wet sponge to help to ensure the coat is wet and the Pyohex Medicated Shampoo lathers and spreads well
- Allow the full 10 minutes contact time for the Pyohex Medicated Shampoo as this will allow optimal efficacy
Work with passion
Over the past decade, Australian Pet Treat Company has become one of Australia’s most trusted and convenient online destinations for pet owners. We pride ourselves on maintaining exceptional customer service and measure our success by the satisfaction and happiness of the people and pets we serve.
Our promise to you
At Australian Pet Treat Company, we are dog and cat treat specialists. We have everything you need for your pet at awesome prices, every day. We are constantly adding more brands and products weekly, all of which are available to you from the comfort of your own home.
Rated 5.00 out of 5$10.76 – $17.15
Fido’s Flea Shampoo Fido’s Flea shampoo is a pleasant smelling shampoo which contains Carbaryl for the control of fleas and ticks on Dogs and Cats. Pleasant smelling, soap free shampoo. Controls fleas and ticks on dogs, cats, puppies and kittens. Contains the natural insecticide pyrethrin. Work with passion Over the past decade, Australian Pet Treat Company has become one of…
$9.16 – $16.57
Pyohex Conditioner/Lotion Pyohex shampoo and conditioner are for the treatment of bacterial (Staphylococcal) skin infections in dogs. Bacterial skin infections on dogs can have a wide variety of symptoms or appearances and causes. Common appearances of bacterial infections: Pimples Circular rings of scale or redness (as larger pimples pop and leave “rings” of skin damage) Moist areas of skin commonly…
Happy Hound Deshedding Comb Happy Hound Deshedding combs are touch grooming products have been ergonomically designed to create the optimum angle between groomer and pet, providing comfort for your pet. Non-slip rubber of handle provides a good sense of gripping Innovative grooming tool for long and short haired dogs and cats Leaves a shiny and healthy topcoat; comfortable, ergonomic grip…
Rated 5.00 out of 5$8.00 – $68.33
Fido’s Everyday Shampoo Soap free and hypoallergenic product that suspends soil in the coat for easy rinsing. Moisturises the skin and hair and has a Genuine Fido’s Fragrance (GFF) which provides a pleasant perfume. Use it as often as you would use your own shampoo and suitable for use with long term flea control products. Work with passion Over the…